If you have recently shifted to a new home and are renovating the place, you might want to give some thought to your door furniture. Yes, these might seem like a small accessory but can add a touch of style and sophistication to your doors.
Reasons to Go for Door Handles
Let us look at the pros and cons of each one. There is no mandate that handles are a better choice than knobs or visa-versa. This again depends on your comfort and preference.
Whether you choose knobs or handles, ensure that you purchase these from credible companies such as Access Residential Hardware located in Traverse City, MI that offer a variety of door handles and knobs in a range of styles and designs. You can choose from popular brands such as Emtek, Yale, or Baldwin door hardware backed with economical pricing and free shipping.
The company is committed to delivering top-quality door accessories keeping in mind the customer’s safety, meeting all the industry standards. You can be assured of top-class service from their customer support when it comes to any queries about your products.
Door levers or handles are horizontal handles that can be attached to the doors for opening and closing purposes. You can choose the handles depending on your door orientation whether it is left-sided or right-sided. These come in both traditional and modern designs. You can either opt for a simple style or a modern lever.
Some of the benefits of door handles include:
- Convenient to open with your elbows if your handles are full
- Easier to grip especially for elderly or handicapped people
- You can choose from various styles and designs
- These are not childproof
- Your clothes can easily get caught onto the handles
- They require a lot of maintenance as they contain spring that might become loose after usage
Door Knobs over Door Handles
Door knobs are door furniture that comes with a round knob lock used for opening and closing doors. You can choose from different styles, materials, and finishes depending on your budget and requirements.
Some of the benefits of choosing door knobs for your door include:
- Difficult for pets or kids to access
- Your clothes are less likely to get caught onto the door knobs
- These are best suited for homes with traditional decors
- You can either choose from egg-shaped or oval-shaped knobs
- Easier to clean and maintain
Like door handles, door knobs also come with their share of cons:
- Do not have a better grip
- Door knobs need to be set back further into the doors to avoid hurting your knuckles
- Knobs are difficult to open with wet or slippery hands
It is always better to do your homework and choose the right door hardware for your home. Your door furniture should not only look stylish and elegant but also offer the basic function which is safety.
The door in your home act as a divider between your rooms and choosing the right door hardware proves to be a crucial point. The handles also need to be blended perfectly with the theme of your rooms.